Near Infrared Light Therapy
Improving circulation, increasing nitric oxide and boosting cellular functioning at the mitochondrial level
About the Treatment
If you have diabetes, have undergone chemotherapy or have traumatic brain injury, just 20 minutes of Near Infrared Light Therapy three times per week could help you relieve pain and numbness, improve healing of nerve endings, treat or prevent ulcers and heal injured brain tissue.
Near Infrared Light Therapy is an adjunct therapy currently being used in clinical and home settings around the world. It triggers the release of nitric oxide from blood vessels and red blood cells. Nitric oxide causes local vasodilation that lasts several hours after the therapy session has ended. Vasodilation improves blood flow. Improving blood flow lessens pain and helps nerves to begin to carry sensations again.
A Simple Process
- Near Infrared Light Therapy does not require a prescription.
- You may simply call our office at 757-452-3934 and schedule your therapy.
- The protocols we use consist of three sessions per week, for 20 minutes at a time, for 6 or 8 weeks, depending on your health issue.
How it Works
The pressure that is created in the dive chamber allows the healing oxygen to permeate through all fluids, muscle, tissue, fat and bone through out the entire body. Typically, when are body is injured, the injured tissue does not receive the oxygen it needs to thrive, cells do not function properly and the bodily functions decline. Studies show that hyperbaric oxygen therapy helps the body heal its injuries and improve functionality once again.
HBOT has been shown to work at the mitochondrial level to “kick start” functionality. It has also been shown in to:
- Create new blood vessels (a process called angiogenesis)
- Stimulate new capillary growth
- Decrease inflammation and lactic acid
- Increase white blood cell production
- Enhance the ability for white blood cells to carry away “bad” bacteria and debris (Leukocyte activity)
- Decrease surgery complications for smokers
- Improve bone regeneration for faster recovery
- Reduce swelling
- Reduce edema
- Increase the production of collagen
What We Treat
Here at Tier I Therapy Centers, we use Near Infrared Light Therapy for:
Peripheral neuropathy is the number one cause for hospitalization of diabetics!
Approximately 100,000 limbs are lost each year due to diabetes!
70% of diabetics will suffer from peripheral neuropathy.